Automatic TLC Sampler 4
Automatic sample application is a key factor for productivity of the TLC laboratory. The requirements for an instrument serving this purpose, i.e. precision, robustness during routine use and convenient handling are fully met by the Automatic TLC Sampler 4.
The ATS 4 offers fully automatic sample application for qualitative and quantitative analyses as well as for preparative separations. It is suited for routine use and high sample throughput in mass analysis.
Key features of the Automatic TLC Sampler 4 at a glance:
- Fully automatic sample application, suitable for routine
- Application of spots, bands, or rectangles
- Data input and monitoring through winCATS
- Application of sample solutions onto any planar medium
- Application of sample volumes between 0.1 and 5 microliter by contact transfer
- Spray-on application of sample volumes between 0.5 and > 50 microliter
- Operation under winCATS – Planar Chromatography Manager
- Increased flexibility with the FreeMode program of winCATS (application of solutions onto any planar medium)
- Compliant with requirements of GMP/GLP
- Installation Qualification (IQ) and Operation Qualification (OQ) provided
- Usage in a 21 CFR Part 11 environment under winCATS.
Stage drive: X-drive (turret) Stepper motor 1600 steps/rev. 4 steps = 0.1 mm Maximum speed 200 mm/s with acceleration ramp Positions programmable: 5.0 ? 195.0 mm in 0.1 mm steps Y-drive (stage) Step motor 3200 steps/rev. 8 steps = 0.1 mm Maximum speed 200 mm/s with acceleration ramp Positions programmable: 5.0 ? 195.0 mm in 0.1 mm steps
Dosage syringe drive: Stepping motor 1600 steps/rotation 100 nL = 120 steps with 100mL syringe or 24 steps with 500 mL syringe
Sample dosage: Choice of 10, 25 or 100 μL gas-tight syringe with side port. Dosage volume 100 nL to 1 mL in increments of 100nL
Syringe drive: Stepper motor 1600 steps / rev.: 100nL = 960 steps for 10 μL syringe 100nL = 384 steps for 25 μL syringe 100nL = 96 steps for 100 μL syringe
Rack: For 66 sample vials 2 mL (12x32mm) or 96-well-plate (optional)
Mains voltage: 85 – 250 V~ 47 – 63 Hz 60 VA
Gas supply: 4.5 – 6 bar (65 – 87 psi), preferably nitrogen. Consumption 0.2 – 0.3 L/min for contact or 0.8 ? 2.0 L/min for spray-on application (pressure dependent)
Dimensions: Width 630mm, depth 530mm, height 500mm
Weight: 36 kg
022.7400: CAMAG Automatic TLC Sampler 4 for fully automatic application of samples as spots, bands or rectangles, complete with instrument cover, sample rack for 66 standard 2 mL vials (12×32 mm), ATS4 Equilink – without dosing syringe
022.7410: CAMAG Automatic TLC Sampler 4 with heated spray nozzle same as 022.7400 but instead of the standard spray nozzle equipped with a heated spray nozzle. Heating assists evaporation of large sample volumes or solvents of low volatility.
022.7450: Dosing syringe starter kit containing:
695.0053: 25 μL Dosing syringe for ATS4 without needle
695.0046: Needle for spray-on application
695.0047: Needle for contact application
027.6300: Software winCATS – Planar Chromatography Manager
For more information: