How smartALERT works
- The desired developing distance is set by the user.
- A light beam and a sensor monitors the selected distance.
- As soon as the front has reached this position, visual and acoustic signals alert the operator.
The “classical” way of developing a chromatogram in TLC and HPTLC is to place the plate in a chamber containing developing solvent. Driven by capillary action the developing solvent moves up the layer until the desired developing distance is reached. With the aid of a stop watch or a timer the chromatographer estimates when the development process is about to finish.
But this may happen: Focusing on other work while the TLC development is in progress, the lab technician forgets to look at the watch. As a result chromatography is stopped too late; the solvent moved up too far, the analysis is ruined and needs to be repeated.
With smartALERT the chromatographer does not ‘forget’ the TLC plate in the developing chamber anymore. Most convenient!
- guarantees that the developing distance will always be accurate and according to the method.
- gives acoustic and visual notice when the mobile phase has reached the desired developing distance.
- replaces the timer or the stop watch.
- lets you concentrate on other lab work.
- is an intelligent and dependable assistant; yet very easy to operate with just one button.
- works with tanks and for glass plates; sizes 20 x 20 cm, 20 x 10 cm, 10 x 10 cm.
- saves costs because the development is always ‘done right’; no waste because of ‘over-developed’ plates.
- allows several developments with several smartALERTs at the same time; four different alarm sounds can be selected.
- runs on batteries: up to 1000 developments.
022.5300: CAMAG smartALERT for dependable monitoring of TLC/HPTLC plate development in a glass development chamber
For more information: