These essentially manual multi-sample high throughput catalyst screening vessels have been designed to provide a simple easy-to-use tool for high pressure reaction screening. They can be used directly with stirring hotplates or oil baths. The CAT 18 & 24 variants can be used with any of HEL’s 4-pot chemistry platforms.
The low-cost, low-inventory and high-throughput of the CAT blocks make them an extremely cost-effective way of selecting chemical systems for larger scale studies.
Features and Benefits
- Use on hot plate, oil bath, PolyBLOCK* or AutoMATE* (*excludes CAT7)
- Choice of 7,18 or 24 simultaneous reactions
- Sample sizes 1ml to 8ml
- Magnetic stirring
- Special design to prevent solvent loss
- 100 bar / 250 degree C rated vessels (316SS or Hastelloy
- Valves and pressure gauge to manually purge (e.g. inert) and then pressurize with reacting gas (e.g. hydrogenation).
- “Pocket” for thermocouple to monitor operating temperature
…is designed to be used with 7 standard 10ml vials. Suitable for use with Hotplates and oil baths (NOTE not compatible with HEL Automate and PolyBLOCK mantles)
…is designed to be used with 18 standard 2ml HPLC vials (with or without septa in place)
…is a simple device that allows the use of 24 open top vials to be used at high pressure and temperature. Typical test volume is around 1ml.
Reaction vessels are quickly and easile loaded into the CAT blocks, then exposed to a common atmosphere and temperature. To prevent carryover between vessels the HPLC vial can be fitted with septa. For larger vessels used in the CAT 7 and 24, the lids are fitted with cold fingers, which are chilled by an external coolant (eg tap water), to retard crossover of vapours between reaction vessels.
For more inforation about the Cat-block and Catalyst Sreening see the website of HEL
For more information: